You just discovered — or merely have reason to suspect — that there’s a warrant out for your arrest. Do not turn yourself in without first consulting an experienced defense attorney. Don’t delay calling an attorney or you risk being picked up under embarrassing circumstances — when your children are with you or while you’re at work, for example.
Largey Law is a widely respected criminal defense practice with many different office locations. The members of our legal team are former public defenders committed to preserving your rights. A knowledgeable Mount Dora warrants lawyer could explain the process, offer candid advice, and protect your best interests.
Understanding the Warrant Process
An arrest warrant is an order issued by a judge directing law enforcement officers to arrest a person charged with a crime. Warrants are typically issued under two circumstances:
- Bench warrant — As the name implies, the judge issues the warrant from the bench — meaning while court is in session. Bench warrants are commonly issued when a person fails to appear in court when summoned. If you did not receive proper notice of your court date or there was an emergency that prevented you from showing up, we notify the court of the problem. Even if you simply forgot, our lawyers request that your bench warrant be set aside and that you be given a second chance to appear.
- Arrest warrant based on probable cause — When an arrest warrant is founded on probable cause, it means a law enforcement officer has presented evidence that it is reasonably likely that a crime was committed and that you committed it. In many cases, there’s nothing to support the warrant but a police officer’s sworn statement.
Proactive steps can often mitigate the consequences of a warrant with your name on it, especially when working with a dedicated Mount Dora attorney.
What to Do if You Suspect There Is a Warrant Out for Your Arrest
If you believe you are the target of an outstanding warrant, take immediate action. The problem will not go away. In fact, ignoring it will only make the situation worse. Once you retain our office, we jump into action by:
- Contacting the appropriate authorities to get information about your warrant
- Challenging improper warrants
- Setting aside warrants when possible
- Arranging for expedited processing before you turn yourself in
- Accompanying you throughout the process to make sure it goes smoothly
- Beginning to build a strong defense to your criminal charges
Our aggressive Mount Dora lawyers help you address the situation head on, so you don’t have to live in fear of a possible or outstanding warrant.
Call a Mount Dora Warrants Attorney for Personalized Attention
If you suspect you are the subject of an outstanding arrest warrant, speak with a team member today. At your free initial consultation, a Mount Dora warrants lawyer explain the process and figure out what to do next. Our lawyers are available on evenings and weekends as well. Se habla español.