Tavares, the seat of Lake County, is a great place for outdoor activities, including golfing, boating, fishing and hiking. While most people can enjoy these activities safely, an accidental injury will not only disrupt your enjoyment but also impact your ability to work and support your family. If you are the victim of an accident due to another person’s carelessness, our attorneys from Largey Law Firm are ready to help. A Tavares personal injury lawyer has a track record of success providing aggressive, effective representation to people in need.
Situations that Warrant Personal Injury Cases
Clients seek our help for injuries caused by a wide variety of accidents:
- Car accidents — We seek full, fair compensation for injuries suffered by victims of vehicle wrecks
- Drunk driving accidents— Our firm fights for drunk driving accident victims, including those who suffered a wrongful death.
- Uber/Lyft ridesharing accidents — Increased congestion on local roads leads can lead to an increase in crashes involving rideshares
- Motorcycle accidents — We file claims for clients injured in motorcycle accidents.
- Truck accidents — If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, you can trust us to hold all responsible parties liable.
- Theme Park accidents — Clients injured in theme park accidents benefit from our skilled representation.
- Medical malpractice — If you’re harmed by medical malpractice, we have the background and ability to hold negligent providers accountable.
Among the other kinds of cases we handle are:
- Construction accidents
- Boating accidents
- Defective products
- Nursing home abuse
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Head, brain and spinal injuries
- Birth injuries
No matter what kind of accident hurt you, our injury lawyers in Tavares will advise on whether you have a valid claim and present your options. Florida is a comparative negligence state, which means that you can still obtain some compensation even if you are partially at fault, but it will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
What You Need to Prove to Win Your Injury Case
Most personal injury claims require proof of the defendant’s negligence. You must be able to prove these elements:
- Duty of care — The defendant had a duty to act or refrain from acting so as to avoid causing you harm.
- Breach of duty — The defendant failed to satisfy that duty of care.
- Causation — Whatever the defendant did or failed to do caused your injuries.
- Damages — You were injured or otherwise suffered a loss recognized by law.
We understand what we must do to satisfy the filing requirements for your claim and prove each element to succeed.
Useful Evidence in Personal Injury Claims
As we prepare your case, we assemble documents about the accident and your medical condition, such as:
- Police reports — These often provide a starting point for our investigation of the accident.
- Witness statements — Statements by people who saw or heard what happened to you can help prove your case.
- Medical reports — Once we understand the full extent of your injuries and how they affect your life, we can arrive at a compensation figure.
- Safety and inspection reports — These documents may show that the defendant was made aware of dangerous conditions that contributed to your accident but failed to take action.
- Video and photography — Traffic-cam images and photographs taken at the scene can bolster your claim for the jury.
This and other evidence enable us to determine the value of your claim accurately. A detail-oriented attorney in Tavares has experience collecting all of this evidence and factoring into a standard personal injury lawsuit.
A defendant’s lawyer and insurer will try to fight your claim, but a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer can counter their actions and provide cost-effective professional help. Our extensive understanding of Florida personal injury law works to your benefit whether we can reach a satisfactory negotiated settlement or must fight for you in court.
Contact a Skilled Tavares Personal Injury Attorney Today
At Largey Law Firm, we represent personal injury victims in a range of accident claims. Call us today or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Our Tavares personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you owe us nothing unless we recover compensation for you. Se habla español.