If you were injured because of negligent care from a doctor or hospital, you need aggressive legal representation from an attorney who understands what you’re going through. For 25 years, Largey Law has fought to assert patient rights in cases of medical malpractice against doctors and hospitals. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for hundreds of injured parties, and our skilled medical malpractice attorneys are determined to do all we can to maximize the recovery for your injuries. Our Mount Dora Hospital Errors lawyers could analyze evidence and make sure that the relevant parties are held accountable for their carelessness.
The Basics of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can involve errors of judgment, omission and commission, such as:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis — Failing to recognize the symptoms of cancer or heart disease can cost a patient time and can allow the disease to progress to the point where even radical treatment is ineffective.
- Wrong medication or dosage — Too many doctors are unfamiliar with the medications they prescribe, and they may communicate inaccurately to pharmacies that fill prescriptions.
- Failure to check for drug interactions — Your doctor or pharmacist must consult your drug history to be aware of potentially dangerous interactions.
- Failure to order appropriate diagnostic testing — Doctors must follow accepted protocols to determine how to treat a patient.
- Misreading test results — Sloppy, inattentive work by radiologists and other doctors charged with interpreting tests can lead to a misdiagnosis.
Although surgery is far too complex to guarantee every patient a positive outcome, surgical errors that doctors admit should never happen, do continue to happen, including:
- Wrong site or side surgery
- Wrong procedure
- Incision error
- Leaving foreign objects in body
- Anesthesia error
Violations of surgical protocols too often lead to disastrous consequences. In the best cases, patients may need additional surgery to repair the damage; in worst case scenarios, patients may be permanently harmed and face a lifetime of pain and disability.
The Impact of Substandard Hospital Care
While a hospital is not automatically liable for malpractice from every doctor that has privileges, a hospital is liable in cases where its lack of oversight has caused injury, including:
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Negligent hiring and supervision
- Unsanitary conditions
- Faulty equipment
If you’ve been harmed during a hospital stay in Mount Dora, it’s crucial that you consult one of our skilled lawyers as quickly as possible to investigate and build the groundwork for a malpractice claim.
Reach Out to a Mount Dora Hospital Errors Attorney for Best Results
If you or someone you love is suffering because of doctor or hospital error, talk to an experienced attorney at Largey Law. We have a few different office locations, and our Mount Dora hospital errors lawyers are ready to protect your legal rights. Contact us online to arrange a free consultation. Se habla Español.